Great Southern Forestry can assist with the design and installation of various agroforestry systems specializing in food forestry and silvopasture systems. We start with a visit to the site to read the land and assess opportunities as well as limitations for various agroforestry systems. If conditions allow, we can coordinate and oversee a timber harvest that establishes a future agroforestry system. We identify various tree crops and help establish a forested type system or design a tree crop which favors a particular type of food production for livestock, fruit and nut producing trees or both.
We provide consulting services in the following areas:
- Design and installation of food forests from homeowners to whole-farm scale
- Design, installation or maintenance of tree crop and agroforestry systems
- Soil building and regeneration
- Forest farming with edible mushrooms
- Provide organic fertilization for pastures, gardens, food forests with Blue Gold, Sea 90, Fulvic Acid, Dinosoil, Effective Microbes and fish emulsion
- Provide educational services in the form of food forest workshops. We currently have an ongoing series of food forest workshops with the Spirit of Suwanne Music Park